Sunday, July 31, 2016

No brightness control, on superdim. Possibly rooted before.

I bought a Note 8 from a pawn shop for $15 because the screen "wouldn't come on". When I got home I noticed it was indeed on, just on superdim. It has full backlight working, just no control over the brightness. The slider moves to any percentage, but does nothing. It can be adjusted to be Dimmer using app store programs (though I suspect it is just filters not actual brightness control on these apps).

I've seen things like this with rooted devices being factory reset on Kindle HD and thought it may have had a custom ROM before and the pawnshop reset it to sell it and this happened. Makes sense since the tablet was working before they reset it to sell.

How do I go about getting this set back on a factory flash? After that how about a one click option for a custom ROM after it's working properly?

Side note, if the backlight is indeed working and on superdim (this is confirmed) could it be a sensor going bad instead?

How do I get a wifi only model into service mode to do a sensor test?

THIS MODEL IS: GT-N5110 WIFI ONLY.

Thanks :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aH4CKn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment