Friday, July 29, 2016

Can't get Sony Xperia Ion into recovery mode

Hey guys!

My friends might describe myself as tech savvy but I've never really gone into rooting or andorid devices in general. I'm currently following a guide on android (dot) gs (which I can't link to specifically, as this is my first post, I'm sure a quick search might show it) to install the 4.4. Pureslim Firmware. Up until now I've rooted it with this app called KingoRoot which seems to have done... something successfully. I'm at the point in the guide where I've downloaded the packaged firmware update onto the SD card, the next step is to set it into recovery mode, whipe it clean and use the data on the SD card to install the firmware. But here's the problem...

I can't get the Ion into recovery mode, I've tried some silly "press the powerbutton and volume up and volume down and do a backflip" things which didn't seem to work out, the apps in the guide on the android (dot) gs site on recovery mode for android devices (again, no link but you might know the page) point to don't seem to do much either, when I tell it to restart in recovery, it just reboots normally. I've also read a few times that the Ion doesn't even have a standard recovery mode, but that means there's no way for it to go into recovery as it is? :confused:

Hoped you guys could shed some light on this, thanks in advance! :good:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ax9or7
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment