Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bootlop / cannot enter TWRP from Bootloader Menu / Power button stuck

Hi guys,

I currently have some issues with my beloved N5. I try to be as specific as I can (therefore the text will be a bit longer) :D
First things first: My device is experiencing the well known "stuck power button problem".
But I also do have problems which are not related to that one (at least thats what I believe).

Overview:
CM 13.1
ElementalX Kernel
TWRP on 3.0.20

Main issue: I can not start my phone regularly. When not plugged in, it just does not respond at all.
If it is plugged in I can get into the bootloader with only pressing Volume down (because the power button is stuck inside). Weird fact #1: in bootloader the power button should work to confirm a specific task like Start, or boot into recovery but it doesnt. Also: the phone is steady in the bootloader and does not keep rebooting.

Therefore I wanted to perform a backup (nandroid or at least all media) and reflash my ROM to see whether it is more of a software issue. I tried booting into TRWP which is not working (device shuts down after Google logo (might be because of the power button issue?).
I know that I can flash the recovery again through adb or the Nexus ToolKit but obviously I want to save my data first.
As far as I know there is no option as adb pull or through the recovery to save those only being in bootloader mode, am I right?
Question: Can I dirty flash without losing data? If thats not the cure, what else could help?

Other facts to know: while running
Code:

adb devices
I get that the
Code:

"adb server version (36) doesnt match this client (35): killing...
but then:
Code:

*daemon started successfully*
(same in Nexus Toolkit).
If I continue with
Code:

adb backup
it says: no devices / emulators found. Altough the nexus toolkit (and fastboot devices) say:
Code:

FASTBOOT: 03181238e07723e0 fastboot

If you made it until here thank you for reading :good: and I would be even more pleased if someone could help. ;)

Best,
McRacoon


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2azcQSb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment