Saturday, July 30, 2016

[KERNEL DEVELOPMENT] PDesireAudio, Maximum Audio Abillities for Snapdragon devices

Hello XDA, PDesire here

today I want to present you:

PDesireAudio


What is that?
This Kernel MOD is specially for Qualcomm Devices made. It enables 192kHz 24bit Playback and 24bit Audio Record in the Kernel Audio Drivers.
To get these 100% work, changes in Audio HAL could be needed

Why I do this?
Because only some Manufacturers have this into their kernels because they removed it, due market policies (that you will ever have to buy the newest phone, good example is the HTC One M8 and 10, both have the same audio abillities but only with mods u can enable it on M8)

It's tested on
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (Stock, GPE and AOSP kernel)
Sony Xperia Z1 (Stock and AOSP kernel)
Should theoretically work from apq8064 to msm8994 (msm8996 support comes soon)

What I need to do to add this into a Kernel?
First you need a kernel for a Snapdragon Device
The next section includes a link to my Github Repository
Merge the files from my repository into the root of your kernel
I use this way to merge them:
Download the zip of my repo
Extract the zip into the root of the kernel

Where I get PDesire Audio?
My files are free for everyone who want to use it, you can find them on Github:
http://ift.tt/2azcACw


The best way to get perfect sound on kernel is a combination of FauxSound by @faux123 (amazing work btw) and PDesireAudio

Credits:
Sony for their kernel sources
Linus Torvalds for Linux and Github
@BlackSoulxxx for his modified kernel XerXes (http://ift.tt/2akMcPY)
The 9th Circle of Development Team
And the THDR Alliance


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2azcNFQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment