Saturday, July 30, 2016

LG G3 Bootloop

Hi guys. I have an unlocked AT&T LG G3 D850 and I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's stuck in a bootloop. I've tried just about everything but nothing works. I'm able to access both recovery and download mode, but every time I exit it, I just get thrown into another bootloop. Strangely, I didn't do anything to the phone recently, and it was working absolutely fine minutes before I noticed the bootloop.

First thing I tried was wiping everything and reinstalling the ROM. I am rooted and was running a Marshmallow distro of Resurrection Remix, with TWRP 3.0 (I think) running my recovery. I booted into TWRP and cleared everything, reinstalling the ROM. Didn't work. Okay, so maybe the ROM is to blame. Tried some different versions, still nothing.
I then tried flashing stock firmware using download mode, and kept getting errors at the beginning of the LG flash tool utility. After switching USB ports, it started working. However, after about 30 minutes, it would fail, and I would get a message saying it couldn't communicate with the device. I tried this multiple times to no avail.
Eventually, I ended up running the program one last time and left it for a couple hours. When I got back to check it, I was super relieved because the phone had apparently successfully been flashed back to stock firmware. Keep in mind this process usually only takes 4-8 minutes, whereas my phone took hours to get it done.

Finally, I booted the device, full of hope. NOPE. Bootloop again. I tried resetting it using the volume down combo, but it stays in a bootloop every time.

I am running out of options and getting desperate, and I really don't wanna fork out the cash for another phone if I don't have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ambDxM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment