Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Which battery do I need to fix the shutdown bug?

Ok, so I have an E5653 series from Taiwan. Unfortunately, I do not live in Taiwan, so I cannot take it to a support center in person. I've also spent 5-6 emails with Sony Taiwan telling them about the issue, not only do they not accept phones from overseas (because of the shipping back or something???), but are just giving terrible responses and fail to admit my issue is hardware (even according to the Xperia_M5_E56_Battery_Lock_Test_in_CS_Repair_Cente r.pdf) and keep telling me to update&repair my phone with Xperia Companion (WHEN IT IS UPDATED!).

So, I figured I'd take a shot and try to fix the issue myself. As many of you know about the 4G shutdown fix where the only resolution is plugging it into the charger, and I've seen the fix where you can uncheck a few bands in the BandMode settings, but I currently live in the middle of nowhere... unchecking the suggested ones leave me completely without service. So I can only use my phone with WiFi/Mobile Data off/Airplane Mode (y'know the rest).

I've contacted Sony from other region and they said they don't sell parts for their phones... so... what?????

I was looking at this listing here, is this the battery I need? I saw something on the M5 forums here about Rev03 or something? No idea...

If not, anyone know where I can get a replacement battery? I saw this video and it seems like I'd be able to replace the battery by myself, just need the battery in the first place.

Any other suggestions?

Another question: I was on 5.1 rooted and moved apps to SD card, eventually they started disappearing and the only way to find em again was opening Play Store and hitting open, or moving them back to storage... any idea about that?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aLrGXb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment