Friday, June 10, 2016

S4 i9506 Soft Brick

Hi All,

New to forum here and to Android *re-engineering* in general. Wife gave me a task: to remove the stock S4 OS and replace it with something better.

These are the steps I followed:
1. In Download mode, used Odin v3.10 to flash TWRP 3.02 recovery
2. Booted to Recovery Mode, it gets to TWRP recovery ROM properly.
3. Recovered to CM13 nightly builds and rebooted to System.
4. Boots to System with the following message:

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit: kernel

Samsung Galaxy S4
GT-I95016

After that it just stays stuck on the screen until I reboot into Download or Recovery Mode.

None of the CM13 OS downloads I used work so far. I've also tried to recover to CM11 after the initial problem, but it doesn't work. Note that there are no releases for this, only nightly builds. Tried for 2 weeks already and I think I probably need some help.

Any ideas?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1YdKTkS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment