Thursday, June 30, 2016

Help: Root 4.6.6 without kingroot? Downgrade?

I'm looking for a way to root a Fire Phone that runs 4.6.6, without using kingroot. It is a US unlocked phone.

I don't know where kingroot sends data, and don't want to know. I'm aware of SuperSuMe, but not confident that it can get rid of everything. Since kingroot only works online, the kingroot folks can update their software to hide from any removal that SuperSuMe attempts.

I've tried downgrading to 3.5 via adb sideload. Unfortunately, the sideload failed due to "assert failed". I edited the updater script, and the next attempt failed due to a verification error.

Is it possible to downgrade a 4.6.6 fire phone to 3.5? Can I downgrade in stages.... 4.6 to 4.1 to 3.6 to 3.5?

Are there any alternatives to kingroot?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/297xjMo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment