Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thoughts on the Moto 360 versus the Gear S2?

Hey there

I know this is a topic that has been discussed a thousand times over, but I'm leaning more towards the Moto 360 which is why I came to this forum.

Before yesterday, I did not have any understanding whatsoever on what a smartwatch does or is useful for. I started reading up about Android Wear, Tizen, and WatchOS, and it would seem like WatchOS is the best when it comes to applications and iPhone integration among them. I own an iPhone 6 Plus and that is my biggest issue with anything besides the Apple Watch, however I'm not really into the whole smartwatch idea for pure functionality, but rather for the variety in watch-faces, designs, and as a change from the boring, old, and traditional watches.

I must say I absolutely hate the way the Apple Watch looks which is why it is out of my consideration, so my research was narrowed down to both the Moto 360 2nd Gen vs the Samsung Gear S2. What do you guys think? I have looked at some of the watch-faces available for the Moto 360 and they look outstanding, and if I'm not mistaken there are a lot more options than on the S2?

In terms of functionality, are there any huge differences between them? Performance, battery, responsiveness, compatibility with iOS, and such? We don't have a lot of variants here in Egypt, the only ones I could find were the 46mm Moto and the Gear S2 Classic. Oh by the way, is the 46mm too big? I don't have a tiny wrist or anything but I'm not a fan of really big, bulky watches.

Thank you for your time and help, I truly appreciate it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29tyRQn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment