Wednesday, May 4, 2016

[Review] Affinity Series Case by Poetic

Get the case on Amazon, HERE.

First of all, I typically am not a fan of a clear case for many reasons. Dirt or dust particles are easily seen through the case, they scratch easy and don't hold their elegance anymore, etc. But I must say this… The Affinity Series case from Poetic is pretty awesome actually. I'll save you the details of the selling points, because that's their job. So let's get right into the pros and cons of this case, shall we?

Cons: It's pretty hard to get the phone into the case and I was worried I may actually break my phone doing so. That's it. Nothing else. Seriously. This may not even be considered a CON. By the way, I didn't break my phone, and it is only like this for the first fit. After that, it's pretty easy to remove and reinstall the case. I use the corner method. One at a time, until it all locks in.

Pros: The case is an EXTREMELY snug fit on the phone and not bulky at all. So much so that you probably won't be able to get dirt and dust under the clear parts of the case. I'm actually quite impressed with this. I usually remove my case and have to wipe down the phone a bit to make it "pretty" again. The case itself had a clear film over it to prevent any unwanted smudges during first install. This was a pretty nice addition. It made the overall casing experience feel more professional. Silly I know, but that's just how I felt. The camera cutout is very precise and evenly cut all the way around, and the case does not interfere with the wide angle lens. This is tough to find for the LGG5. Even the cutout around the power button/fingerprint scanner is quite nice. It's actually cut out a bit further away from the actual button, so you get more of an actual fingerprint read instead of a finger tip read. The individual volume buttons are a plus as well. I look for this in all cases I purchase. This has actually proved to be quite nice. It just feels more natural. All in all, this is a great case. For obvious reasons, I will NOT be doing a drop test with this case. This is my primary phone and I can't afford to take any chances. If you are looking for something that is both stylish and elegant that shows off the phone itself, then this is the case for you. It provides great protection for the day to day user who may just toss their phone on their desk at work or a coffee table. If it were to be dropped, it would probably be ok. Maybe not so much on pavement, but then again as with most newer devices, the bigger they are the harder they fall.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21xWFqg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment