Friday, May 27, 2016

How To Disable Touch Sensor

I really hate touch screens. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro that runs Windows 8.1 (super tweaked to look like Windows 95 -- similar to XFCE if you are linux users). I went into the windows device manager, and disabled the touch screen when I got it. I use Dell's stylus with it. Although I could, I have never needed or wanted to enable the touch screen on the fly. I would like to disable the touch screen on my Photon. I do not want to disable the hardware keyboard. The apps I have found that refer to disabling touch input also disable the hardware keyboard. I have only used Android a little, largely because it is touch-screen-centric. I am assuming that some apps may not tolerate this. So, I am assuming that being able to enable it on the fly is probably wise. Disabling the sensor would be my first choice. If that is a no - go, then is there any app that will just throw away / ignore input from the screen, but not hardware buttons?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qQFGCg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment