Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Auto Rotate works intermittently...

I have a Sprint Galaxy S5 and was running CM13 for a while without a hitch. Suddenly my auto rotate stopped working...I tried rebooting and doing a dalvik/cache wipe and SOMETIMES this would make it work again. It'll only work until my screen is off for a few minutes and then it no longer works. Apps that require landscape (like youtube) work just fine when going full screen but upon exiting the app stays in landscape until I quit (at which point the screen goes back to portrait) or if I lock then unlock my screen the app will rotate back to portrait.

So I figured this had to be a software issue. I tried a few other CM Roms with the same result. Then I tried flashing back to stock marshmallow directly from Sprint and NOT installing xposed or any system mods right away and it STILL happens! I can use apps to force the rotation but it doesn't work on its own. Again, sometimes after a reboot or a cache wipe it'll work until I turn off the screen then it's guaranteed not to again.

Can anyone offer some advice? Ive tried factory resets, diff Roms, diff hacks, nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA-Developers mobile app


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Ux3xDv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment