Friday, February 26, 2016

2 Questions, Want to design my own launcher, and trying to find a decent HU

Hi guys, been a while since i posted on these forums so bare with me...
But lately as I'm soon going to be restoring a Z3 ive been looking into the headunits going around.
And truth be told i prefer the Chinese ones to the international branded ones like pioneer.

But i have a few questions so I hope this is the right forum.

My coding experience is limited but not non-existent. I've grabbed android studio and had a nice look around at it. Going to try come test projects on it to get the hang of it before I start any serious work.

My plan is to build a new homescreen launcher with a built in radio/music player. As I feel when looking at the android launcher they put on just doesnt sit right with the main function of this device... IE its a radio and music player...

So Im going to build a new front end with all the controls available to the driver in a safe easy to use way.

So now the questions :p

Are there any tips on building launchers for these units?

The USB DAB+ stick thats been mentioned many times here. How do you access the steams and communicate to change frequencies and such with it? (I realise thats likely an indeph question and is probably detailed in an SDK somewhere if you can point me to that SDK or detail that would be great)

The CD/DVD unit built into the headunits. how is the audio stream handled? Does it bypass android completely and go to the preamp in the unit? Or is there some sort of interface with android? Even to only provide software controls?

Also can the CD/DVD drive be used for data? I guess if it bypasses android thats a no :)

Now for the Units.
Theres many nice ones with decent facades, but im having trouble finding the right one. Joying seem good but being in the UK, where can i order it without being charged duty. Is there any UK/EU distributors?

Also im looking for ones with the higher res screen and 2gb ram... That seems very hard to find together along with a nice facade... There are ones that have touch sensitive controls and no CD/DVD drive, but that defeats the purpose and tbh make the unit less safe to use. This is for a car remember...

So any tips?

Sorry if this is a bit rambling... Its been a while :)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TE8dGk
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment