Sunday, February 28, 2016

[Question][Help] D802 - Wrecked - Root Cause Unknown

My D802 (2 years and 2 months old) was running on the following

Rooted : Yes
Recovery : TWRP Blastagator v3.0.0.1
ROM : Blisspop v6.0.1 (FEB05 Build)
Bootstack : Hybrid

About a week ago, phone all of a sudden started heating up without any warning. The phone was idle, no gaming, no flashing, nothing. The screen went blank, the temperature continued rising, I could hear the phone working in the background, I tried turning the phone off. After an hour the phone was back to normal temperature, I tried to turn on the phone but it wouldn't turn on even after charging for a long time. Tried all methods (fastboot, download mode, factory reset etc) , even when I plugged in the device to a PC it did not even detect anything (not even as 'Qualcomm etc' as it does when it is bricked etc).

Took my G2 to the nearest authorised service center, we tried to troubleshoot where the problem was at the center by
- Swapping batteries (my phone still didn't work)
- My motherboard on a test G2 device at the center, the phone booted up but was stuck in the bootscreen (blisspop logo)
- A new motherboard on my G2 and it looked like the phone worked but the display was not

Representative's Conclusion: ROM has caused overheating, leading to shorting of the circuit in the motherboard and the heat also damaged the display. Repair costs equivalent to $300 (here in India).

What could be the root cause for the over heating which eventually led to mother board and display being damaged?
( I have been flashing custom roms on this specific phone for close to 2 years without any problem, and even the latest ROM and the build was working without problems for over 2 weeks before the phone over heated)

Is there anyway I can salvage the phone with minimal expenditure or is it just an overpriced paperweight now?

Kindly help!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LoeYdV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment