Monday, August 1, 2016

pls help I think my phone is bricked!

so I have a galaxy j1 2016 (sm-j120f) and I wanted to root it. I done it b4 in my older phone and everything was fine. now I used the kingroot (pc method) and it connected to my phone fine. only problem was it was stuck in 56% and said smthng like "100% downloading blah blah" and stuck on that forever. I read some ppl said I should just close the window and then open a new one. I did it, this time it did the job in under 5 minutes up to 100%. then I checked that its rooted with root checker (imediatly after checking it was deleted). then I installed supersu from playstore, and it failed to update binaries and asked for a restart. I shut down my phone and now its stuck in bootloop. pls help!
EDIT- when I enter the recovery mode and try to "wipe data/factory reset" it says its successful, still continues to bootloop.
also sometime in past I also tried and failed in the same way (either I or this phone or the method is cursed) and I dont remember how I reset it back. IIRC it was something with pc program and download mode, but I dont remember... pls help!
EDIT2 I dont want my phone rooted anymore.... Im really panicking right now... just restore the phone and never try again to root...


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2avh6QP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment