Thursday, May 5, 2016

Uninstalling Link2SD from rooted Tab S

Hi there,

I recently had an issue with my rooted Tab S where the tablet randomly restarted (Okay it might have been because it was in my bag) and when I went to go use it, it was stuck on the Samsung logo (as many people report sometimes) . I found out the "key press" combination that resets the device (volume up + volume down + power button. Hold for maybe 10 sec). This seemed to work for me and I got the tablet rebooted back to its "normal" self


I installed Link2SD several months ago and have had several issues with the app. I an tired of it and would like to remove it.


(I'm not going to bother with killing the 2nd partition on the SD card - problems with link2sd made me reformat the SD card, and make the 2nd partition small enough to not be worried about )

However....

I read around that even if Link2Sd is removed, the mount scripts can still hang around. This is exactly what I am trying to avoid, as I suspect that a few of the times the tablet hung on the Samsung logo on boot are related to Link2Sd.

Is there a way to make sure that the link2sd mount scripts are gone? Or if I just uninstall the app though the Play store, it should be fine?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1T1lRT1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment