Thursday, April 7, 2016

Samsung "My Files" app not connecting to Google Drive in Marshmallow update

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920V) running Android 6.0.1 as of yesterday. Before that it was Android 5.1.1. My device is not rooted.
When it was running 5.1.1 the My Files app was able to connect to Google Drive without any problems. After the update to 6.0.1 I would get a pop-up window directing me to Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Access Cloud where it instructed me to enable Storage and Contacts under the Permissions settings. Unfortunately, there are no permissions available to either select or deselect for this app, so there was nothing I could enable. I did try enabling those same permissions for the Google Drive app (for it they do exist and by default they are not enabled), but this did not help. I also cleared the cache for Access Cloud, but this did not help either.
Randomly, I just tried again, and Viola! - the much desired Google window opened asking me to grant access, which I did. Now it shows that My Files is connected, but there are no files available. Instead, the "Loading" wheel just keeps spinning.
What I wonder is:
1.) What changed to allow My Files to finally connect to Google Drive, and
2.) Why can't it seem to actually load my files?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/20cfRcu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment