Monday, April 18, 2016

Definitive Android solution to encrypt device, with pattern / pin unlock?

Anyone know if there's a definitive way of doing this? Or if Google intend to address this in the future for Android devices?
I hate to reference Apple but I can pin or fingerprint unlock an iphone 5s, yet the contents of the phone are entirely encrypted. If I plug it into a PC it's not accessible unless the display is unlocked.

With Android though, I need to enter a huge encryption password. I've found a couple of very old guides but none of them seem to be up to date and many responses to the guides imply they don't work.
I'd love to encrypt my Note 2 and my SD card :/ but I don't want to enter a password to unlock it for every day use :/

Surely Google will be looking at an easier solution long term for this?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/23UEWuN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment