Monday, April 18, 2016

Random problems (bricks every 2 weeks, no wifi, no sim/sensors detected)

Hi!

My Nexus 5 device seems to have many issues, some that I have resolved, some that appeared next. Here is some history.

- The first issue that I had was that some sensors were not detected, and the others were not working. Sensor testing applications found some of them (but they didn't work), and others like the accelerometer didn't even show up in the list.
- For a couple of months now, once in a while (at each ~2 weeks), I find my Nexus 5 powered off, and bricked (the boot process stops at the Google logo)
- Each time, flashing the original images worked (simply using flash-all.sh)
- After one of these flashes, I had no wifi. Flashing the original image did not work. Rooting/installing TWRP recovery, erasing cache, etc. did not work. I finally got it to work by installing a custom ROM, and never understood why it worked.
- Device bricked again, flashed the original image back. Wifi still works, but no SIM card detected. Absolutely no sensors are detected. The device reboots after a couple of minutes. This is where I am now.


What I tested so far :
- Rooting the device, running e2fsck on the partitions, some of them showed errors. None of them show bad sectors.
- Moving the content of /persist (to try to fix the SIM card problem)
- Flashing custom ROM, stock ROM, old ROM, different radio, etc.
- Removing/inserting the SIM card

I really am out of ideas, does anybody have ideas that I could test? I'm starting to think that I have an hardware issue but I still hope to repair the device... The issues started to appear right after the guarantee was expired.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1VzgSvY
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment