Sunday, August 28, 2016

How Do I Uninstall Google Play Services?

I have had a few problems with Google Play recently.
I had an AOSP based rom that I backed up with TWRP and then I clean flashed CM13.
I booted, installed a bunch of stuff then realised I had forgotten the Gapps so I rebooted to recovery and flashed the open gapps pico package.
On reboot I would get a message saying Google Play Services has stopped every second or so.
I was unable to disable it from the settings and ended up restoring from the backup.

Now I get Google Play has stopped messages each time I try to go to the play store.

I could clean flash the system again but I would rather learn a bit more about where the Gapps end up on the filesystem and try to uninstall them manually, either with adb or with the TWRP file manager/console.

Assuming the pico version of Gapps, what do I need to remove to uninstall Google Play Services and Google Play?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bKGQND
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment