Saturday, August 27, 2016

galaxy s4 won't boot (link2sd)

Hi all, wasn't quite sure where to post this so I posted here. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 SM-S975L (straighttalk) running jflte cm13 and I am having an issue. I usually get much of my advice from googling around and that leads me to xda, so since googling hasn't solved my issue I figure I'd make an account here. the problem I'm having is with Link2sd. When I first installed cm13 link2sd wasn't working, it threw an error for mount scripts, an issue resolved at the following link

http://ift.tt/1r4PiTP

For those who don't wanna click I typed in terminal (on the phone)
su
cd dev/block/vold
ls
ln -s public:179_66 179:66 (my directory was 179_66)

doing so solved the issue.

However after I started experiencing google play error code 504 when trying to install previously installed and uninstalled apps I found that the only solution was a factory reset (even titanium backup wouldn't work).

The first time I factory reset to solve this issue I had reset the SD card and backed up all the data, making sure to re-partition the second partition to ext2 like I had before, and link2sd worked fine.

I again experienced the same 504 issue when trying to reinstall a previously installed app so naturally I did the same process I did previously however this time after I do the terminal process to recreate the mount scripts for link2sd and reboot, and then after reboot I link the apps to the SD and reboot again for any reason, cm13 stays at the "jflte optimized cyanogenmod13" loading screen.

If I pull the battery and remove the SD card and then try to boot, everything boots fine, of course without the apps that are linked to the SD. If I put the SD card back in with the phone on, link2sd demands I recreate the mount scripts again or reboot. no matter what option I choose the phone will stay stuck at the cm13 loading screen. I read in a couple xperia threads something about an init.d script where the solution to that being to install init.d toggler from the play store and enabling init.d. I have tried this and still find myself stuck at the cm13 loading screen.

Can anyone offer an alternative solution to the ones that I have tried? I'm open to anything.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bqMrXa
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment