Saturday, April 16, 2016

Bypass Lockscreen Fingerprint Lock

I don't know how all the legality crap works, or what disclaimer i am required to post so here is everything i can think of.

-- Do this at your own risk.

-- I nor anyone else is responsible for unforeseen difficulty, your phone getting up and walking out of your house, or ANYTHING else.

-- This is for educational purposes only and NOT to be used maliciously or in any way without permission.

This can only be done in Rooted Phones as far as I know because you need read/write permission, root folder access as well as be able to flash ".zip" files from recovery. But by all means try as you might and post your findings for others to use. Open Source RULES!

I have done this on a Sprint Note 3, Sprint Note 4 and a Sprint S4 with KitKat 4.4.4. I assume its the same for all Android but i can only confirm functionality on the above listed.

I had to figure out these below steps because i did a backup of my ROM to try out some new ones. When I re-applied my backup after trying and disliking the new ROMS (I don't like MM KitKat still reigns supreme in my opinion) my fingerprint scanner didn't work on the lock-screen. I had to use the backup password to unlock phone but once unlocked the backup password did not allow me to re-scan my fingerprint, i kept getting backup password is incorrect. Weird...

Anyway, here is the fix...

I deleted these files:
(using twrp recovery choose "advanced" and "file explorer" or you can try using a root file explorer like "Root Explorer")
/data/validity/template.db
/data/system/lockscreen.db
/data/system/lockscreen.db-shm
/data/system/lockscreen.db.wal
(This might be all you need to do. I also flashed the .zip files below. You can try the above w/o flashing the below zip files for any number of reasons such as, you cannot unlock YOUR phone, do not have an SD Card, or do not know how to push files to your phone via ADB.)

Flashed these in recovery:
LockScreen_Security_bypassV1.1.zip
registry.zip
Rebooted phone (notice swipe is re-enabled instead of fingerprint scan :D)and re-did fingerprint and it worked.

Links to the source pages from where i downloaded the ".zip" files and learned which files to delete
http://ift.tt/1TbUDZz
http://ift.tt/1z1X88S
Please be sure to give credit where credit is due.



from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TYLtSg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment