Saturday, April 16, 2016

H815: No recovery mode (bootloader unlocked, TWRP 3.0.1 installed)

Hey guys,
I'm trying to root my G4 loaded with MM 6.0. I cannot get into Recovery Mode no matter what I do.
I have tried the key combo (power+down, etc) - it does nothing. If I use adb reboot recovery, I just get the dead Android guy with the exclamation in red triangle. (which is perhaps a hint as to why the key combo doesn't work.)

I followed steps to unlock the phone's bootloader via LG's dev site (success) and I've installed TWRP 3.0.2-0-H815.img but I can't get into Recovery mode. **The phone continues to work fine** and I can get it into Download Mode.

After having no success with TWRP, I thought, f*ck it, since I've gone this far, let's go with CyanogenMod instead of stock, so I installed cm-13.0-20160415-NIGHTLY-h815-recovery.img
I was also able to use adb to push CM 13 (nightly build 20160415) and Gapps (arm 6.0 20160416) successfully to phone, but it's obviously no use since I can't get to Recovery Mode.

I'm wondering if someone can please suggest a solution or at least a next step.

When I use fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-h815.img it takes 0.718s 'send recovery' and 0.282s 'writing recovery'.

New problem: After going back to TWRP, fastboot devices shows nothing and my device is showing up in Device Manager as LGE Mobile USB Composite Device, whereas I specifically changed it from the LG drivers I installed to Android ADB drivers. The device doesn't even list the Android ADB driver as an available option now. WTAF?!? Maybe this is more Win10 driver-auto-update malarkey?

OS = Win10x64
Kernal = 3.10.84
Build number = MRA58K
Software version = V20d-EUR-XX
Developer options are available
USB debug is enabled
OEM unlock is enabled
I'm using the stock USB cable


Additional question 1 - should I be using Gapps arm or arm64 on LG G4 H815?
Additional question 2 - tutorials say to back up NVRAM and IMEI before doing anything risky, but I can't get those without root. How does this make sense?



Thank you very much to everyone who stops in to take a look at my questions.

All the best,
Dax.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1TbUDZD
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment