Thursday, February 25, 2016

TWRP 3.0.0.0 for Marshmallow?

Hey guys,

as you might know, the 'standard' TWRP is not compatible with Marshmallow and has to be patched. There are several images of a patched 2.8.7.0 available in the forum.
I took one of these and compared the files with the standard version of TWRP for the S6 edge.
So I figured that the changed files are ramdisk/sepolicy and also the kernel.

Kernel in standard 3.0 seems to be the same which is used in 2.8.7.0.
After knowing all this, I tried to modify the existing version of TWRP 3.0 with the modded kernel and the sepolicy file from the modded 2.8.7.0. I repacked the thing, flashed it and...

...... IT BOOOOTS!

.....but only once :(

When I restart the device (doesn't matter if I go to system or recovery), it won't ever again enter the new recovery.
Maybe you can help me figure out, why this is happening (or you can try it for yourself).

Are there any logs I can look at?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1QInKpz
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment