Saturday, February 27, 2016

IP webcam recording settings - unable to open mp4/webm file

Hello everyone,

maybe someone already had the issue below and could help me out...

I've turned my two old SGS2's with broken screen into an IP Webcam.
Both are gt-9100
Both have android 4.1.2 and the latest version of IP Webcam.

First, I've chosen the MOV video format, and when I try to open it, then it plays fine (but it produces quite huge files).
Second, I've chosen the WebM video format,
and when I access the webcam via browser (192.168.10.19:8080),
then I can see the thumbnails of recordings, but when I try to open them - nothing happens.
Also when I try to download the file and open it via MediaPlayer Classic, it does not work - "unable to open file".
Also, when I try to open the file directly on the phone, it does not work.

The same issue happens when I chose the MP4 format...
The issue occurs on both SGS2 phones.
Note that I have K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed, and MediaPlayer opens other mp4 files without problem.

Any ideas what could be wrong with the recording?
Any help would be very appreciated!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1KSSMbZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment