Thursday, February 25, 2016

App uid sharing is a security risk.

Most things that restrict actions in Android use the applications uuid to identity it.
UUID is an immutable representation of a 128-bit universally unique identifier (UUID).

However recently I installed firefox and firefox beta..
Both share the same uuid..
And when I installed firefox beta. It gained all the rights and permissions and internet access that firefox had..

Both applications are installed on my device both run separately

But I cannot secure one with out the other getting the same security access.

If you look at system files many of them have the same uuid

That is a huge security issue with Android..

Is there a way to assign a new uuid to a application
Even if you have to rebuild the apk?
(Almost everything I have is open-source so I can build it from scratch if required)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XPb9Ag
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment