Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Kindle Fire 5th Gen cyangenmod superuser conflicting with supersu

I just purchased an Amazon Kindle Fire 5th Gen. Since I have the Jem and Tate version running cyangenmod I decided to install it on the 5th gen as well. Since the boot loader is locked I flashed with chain fire's flashfire.apk. Also the cyangenmod I flashed is not the official version but it is stable. So I ordered the command via flasfire to wipe followed by install rom finishing with install gaps pico version. So when the kindle rebooted it booted into cyangemod no problem but I quickly noticed I had no google play. So I went into flashfire again but when i did it gave me an error alerting me that either I was not rooted or was not using supers or cm su set to permissive. When I go into developer options I can see my SElinux is set to permissive and did enable root access for adb and apps. But when I checked root checker I was not rooted. So I installed Kingroot and gain root again but when I tried installing supersu it could not update binaries. I think its an conflict with cm su because it does sometime say it detected another su and tried uninstalling it but couldn't. Also I tried flashing su through fast boot but I can not get into TWRP temporally to do so. I keep getting...

$ sudo fastboot -i 0x1bbb boot TWRP_Fire_2.8.7.0_adb.img
Password:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.258s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.260s

I tried this on boot my pc and mac to no avail. I stuck at this point I tried disabling the CM root but I get nowhere. I have no recovery image since my boot loader is locked so I can't ref lash. Flashfire won't work because I need su and CM root is conflicting with the install? Adb is working and fast boot seem too because i rebooted the device and it shows under fast boot.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Y9mc7l
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment