Saturday, September 24, 2016

Need Serious help Rooting the K1 Nvidia Shield Tablet on Linux MInt 18

(first, If im on the wrong thread can you help with asking a moderator to move it to the correct place, or how ever that would work? Thanks!!)
Im on Linux Mint 18 Sarah Cinnamon 64 bit

I'm trying to root my Nvidia K1 shield tablet. no idea what im doing and the more I research this the more confusing it gets. Seems like If you ran windows theres "Clear Cut & Right to the Point" instructions about how to do this on about 14 hundred pages of great info including great you tube videos which heavily explain it, in great easy to understand detail.

What Ive done so far.

installed ADB and BootLoader (but ive no idea how to actually use these programs yet, still figuring that one out)

I have sucessfully Unlocked the Device

Now im trying to flash the .img I hit this command (from terminal) and get this result
$ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 100663296 bytes
sending 'recovery' (16384 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.658s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.651s]
finished. total time: 1.309s

Now following these steps at this website http://developer.download.nvidia.com...very-Image.txt

im on the:
$ fastboot flash boot boot.img
error: cannot load 'boot.img'

Now ive no idea what to do, how to fix this ,or even if im following the right directions. what I need is (im going to throw a nice Trump statement here)

Can someone explain how you root a Nvidia shield K1 tablet, start to finish, ON LINUX, and every step simplified along the way explained, PERIOD!!!!

Everyone starts to tell you how to do this, then they jump on a windows PC throwing me all off...

now my .img file is from this website http://ift.tt/2doXSxY
its in my downloads folder if that matters??? Not sure but i think it does. If i need to move this .img file somewhere please explain how to do it, don't just say "oh your problem is you need to move it to /usb/local/ or something," and just leave it there. remember i need help, so if I need to move things and use commands please help me with that. thank you

You know I got my MCSE, MCSA, A+ SERVER+ NET+ NOVEL and I can write python Programs and im getting into Julia. I know DOS, & I feel im a power User on Andriod, and ive been using personal computers since the 1970's. But when it comes to linux, I cant even google my way out of anything, even if the problem is very minor and simple, still, I cant google my way out of anything on linux its crazy. I keep having to write on forums on threads to find the answer. Someone with my Creds, granted most were aquired in 2002, shouldnt struggle like I do with linux, the support is terrible, and I dont mean updates for software and hardware, im sure thats fine. But when it comes to user support and the documentation for instruction, you get pages of results that have more links then answers on the page to other peoples help pages, that link more to other pages. You cant just goto 1 page, get the answer, done finished your allset, NOPE LINUX does not work that way and its to bad, I see why most of the world doesn't use it.

Good analogy right here, if someone in your neighborhood is giving out free gold to anyone, you know ya whole villiage or town is going to be there getting free gold, ya well, if Linux was that good, the whole world would be using it, and there not, and its free just like the gold. So does that tell you anything?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cYKvq4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment