Sunday, September 25, 2016

Is it possible to use fastboot to re-lock a bootloader if knox flag is tripped ?

Hi, I want to encrypt my phone, according to the research I studied, the bootloader should be locked.

Anyway, I am running a custom rom and already voided my knox a long time ago, this is fine.

My question is can I still use fastboot with my s4 (i9506) to do an oem lock ?

I tried fastboot in odin download mode, but no matter what I do it wont detect my s4 device. Adb commands worked fine but no fastboot.

I'm really confused whether Samsung devices even support fastboot, or is knox just a complete replacement for bootloader locking ? Is there still a software lock I can enable ? Even though I know it came factory bootloader unlocked.

Super confusing and hard to find clear research on this ... help


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d8IgiS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment