Sunday, March 27, 2016

CyanogenMod 12.1 b.7 on Lenovo A536 - MT6582M cannot detect SIM

Hello guys, freshman on XDA forums here, been a long time lurker for phone modding. I have a problem
I have a Lenovo A536 obtained from the Philippines' Globe telecommunications service thanks to their promo. I got fed up with its KitKat UI that doesn't feel like Android at all.

I obtained a late 2015 version of CyanogenMod 12.1 designed for the A536, had my phone flashed with TWRP, wiped all the data, installed the ROM and wiped the dalvik cache. It started up well, and I already got good first impressions of the UI, except that my Globe Prepaid SIM card is not being detected at all. I tested on other phones from my parents and they all detect it. I've done almost a day's worth of research and led to the conclusion that the firmware for my Mediatek MT6582M has probably been wiped.

I could not search online for any flashable modem/radio firmware, yet alone the firmware itself. Any kind soul out there care to create a flashable modem firmware for me so I can start communicating again on my phone, or lead me to a site that contains a database of flashable MT6582M firmwares?

Thanks in advance,
Kensta

P.S. Saw a 2016 build by ~cyandrew. Will try that one and see. Will keep you updated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Pyjodr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment